Date: 28th-29th of November, 2019 (From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Location: Riga, Latvia, more information you will get after registration.
Register until: 21st of November.
Price: 490 Eur, register till 8th of November, 2019 and get 15% discount. Second person from the same company gets a 50% discount.
Electrical engineers seek to assure network reliability, safety and reduce losses. These criteria should be assured with an appropriate network design, however, are sometimes neglected. During the seminar engineers will learn how to properly maintain and design electric power networks and as a result avoid common problems and find loses. EA-PSM Electric Academy is practical workshop during which you will do calculations by yourself with a supervision of experienced lecturer and will have opportunity to implement gathered knowledge on your network or projects.
- We invite you to participate in 2 days practical workshop and get 60 days FREE TRIAL for EA-PSM Electric software and consulting.
- Bring your factories network or project, make calculations with EA-PSM Electric and get insights where are the biggest loses, how to increase reliability and safety of your network.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Maintenance and design engineers
- Consultants on energy efficiency
1st day, 8 hours
Create your network single-line diagram with EA-PSM Electric
- Install EA-PSM Electric in your computer.
- Create single-line diagram.
Power flows in electrical power systems with cogeneration and renewable energy power plants
- Power quality standard requirements for grid voltage characteristics.
- Power grid state analysis after the connection of new load or power source.
- System with an operating reserve state analysis after the unexpected disconnection of a feeder.
- Analysis of transformer operation under maximum loading conditions.
- Tap changing transformers.
- Overhead lines and cables sizing, to meet techno-economic requirements.
- Voltage drop calculation.
- Equipment sizing and assessment of their loading conditions.
Operation states of electric motors and higher harmonics analysis in electrical systems
- Influence of motor start-up currents on the electrical network stability.
- Reactive power compensation with electric motors and sizing of reactive power compensation devices.
- Electric motors operation with variable frequency drives (VFD).
- Assessment of voltage distortion level conducted by higher harmonics in electrical network.
- Selection of VFD with lower and higher harmonics.
- Higher harmonics filtering.
- Resonant conditions for higher harmonics in networks with reactive power compensation capacitors.
2nd day, 8 hours
Short circuits and equipment sizing
- Power grid parameters that are important for short circuit calculation.
- Short circuit current from power grid.
- Short circuit current from synchronous generator.
- Short circuit current from induction motor.
- Short circuit current from renewable energy power plants.
- Asymmetrical short circuits.
- Phase-to-phase short circuits in 0.4kV power systems.
- Phase-to-neutral short circuits in systems with isolated neutral.
0.4 kV – 35 kV networks protection coordination
- Low voltage fuses selection.
- Low voltage breakers selection and coordination.
- Coordination of fuses and breakers tripping curves.
- Characteristics of maximum short circuit current protection devices in medium voltage networks.
- Protection equipment against maximum short circuit currents settings calculation and sensitivity assessment.
- Protection equipment against phase-to-neutral short circuits settings calculation and coordination.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN:
- Maintenance engineers will learn how to optimize their existing networks, in order to reduce power losses and increase network reliability. Also to base energy saving opportunities on the techno-economic analysis.
- Design engineers will learn how to finish more projects with greater quality and avoid common mistakes.
- Consultants will learn how to find and estimate saving opportunities in electrical network.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Two day trainings;
- Morning snack, tea, coffee;
- Possibility to ask questions in advance and get personal answers from lecturer;
- Small group.
- During this workshop participant will solve real cases with the software EA-PSM Electric.
- Software EA-PSM Electric will be installed in your computer.
- Every participant should bring his PC.