Date: 28th and 29th of November 2019.
Duration: 2 days (16 hours, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Register until: 14th of November.
Price: 490 EUR. A discount of 15% is applied if the participant registered and paid until October 31st. Second booking charged at full published rate minus 50%.
Location: Istanbul, more information you’ll get after registration.
During the training you’ll learn to perform calculations related to wind and solar PV integration into electrical grid, understand related risks and mitigate integration mistakes.
It’s a practical workshop during which you will do calculations yourself with a supervision of an experienced lector and will have an opportunity to implement gathered knowledge on your project.
Calculations will be performed with a power system modelling software EA-PSM Electric.
During the training participants will solve solar and wind power plants integration problems and analyse related international standards’ requirements (IEC and IEEE). In most cases same problems will have to be solved during the pre-design stage by request from the electrical system operator. After the training you’ll get 60 days FREE Unlimited EA-PSM Electric software and consulting for your project.
Designers who are responsible for renewable energy power plants integration.
Duration 2 days, 16 hours.
Electrical grid modelling with the EA-PSM Electric software:
- EA-PSM Electric will be installed into Your computer;
- You will learn how to create electrical grid single line diagram with EA-PSM Electric software;
- Electrical network model parameters review;
- Legal requirements for distributed generation integration;
- Short circuits from generators;
- AC network (isolated and grounded neutral) protection coordination;
- Minimum and maximum voltage levels;
- Voltage flickers due to intermittent generation;
- Solar power plant for reactive power compensation;
- Higher harmonics and harmonic resonances;
- Impact of higher harmonics on grid elements;
- DC grid with PV modules calculation;
- DC grid protection coordination;
- Analysis of Short Circuit currents from generators;
- Protection coordination;
- Voltage coordination;
- Reactive power compensation;
- Higher harmonics calculation and mitigation;
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN
- Assess possible risks of solar power plant integration;
- Analyze AC & DC networks;
- Calculate short circuits;
- Coordinate AC and DC network protection devices;
- Calculate and evaluate the impact of higher harmonics on electrical equipment;
- Calculate electrical energy quality parameters.
- During the training EA-PSM Electric will be installed into Your computer. After the training you’ll get 60 days FREE Unlimited EA-PSM Electric software and consulting for your projects without any additional charges.
- Small groups (up to eight people).
- Every participant must bring his PC.