EA-PSM Electric for University Electrical Engineering Departments
The purpose of Educational version is to provide professors and their students with access to engineering software as part of their educational experience. Software is provided together with training and support that your experience would be easy and quick. The educational edition provides universities with access to the latest software for 30 bus for the design, modelling and analysis of electrical power systems. A commercial use is not allowed.
EA-PSM Electric – used for transmission and distribution networks and utility grids electrical calculations, modelling and evaluation of different grid modes. All calculation models are based on IEEE, IEC and GOST standards.
EA-PSM Electric Educational package main functionality
- Load flow analysis
- Short circuit calculation
- Arc flash calculation;
- Harmonic load flow analysis
- Protection & automation
- Parallel lines modeling
- Protection tracking module
- Sankey diagrams
- Distance protection
- Predictive maintenance
- Electrical consumption forecast
- Solar and wind integration
- Renewable energy generation
- GIS integration
- CAD, PDF, Excel export
Training program 16 hours
- Introducing with the features of the EA-PSM Electric software.
- Create single-line diagram with EA-PSM Electric
- Power flows in electrical power systems with cogeneration and renewable energy
- Power quality standard requirements for grid voltage characteristics.
- Power grid state analysis after the connection of new load or power source.
- System with an operating reserve state analysis after the unexpected disconnection of a feeder.
- Analysis of transformer operation under maximum loading conditions.
- Tap changing transformers.
- Overhead lines and cables sizing, to meet techno-economic requirements.
- Voltage drop calculation.
- Equipment sizing and assessment of their loading conditions.
- Operation states of electric motors and higher harmonics analysis in electrical
- Influence of motor start-up currents on the electrical network stability.
- Reactive power compensation with electric motors and sizing of reactive power
- Electric motors operation with variable frequency drives (VFD).
- Assessment of voltage distortion level conducted by higher harmonics in electrical network.
- Selection of VFD with lower and higher harmonics.
- Higher harmonics filtering.
- Resonant conditions for higher harmonics in networks with reactive power compensation
- Short circuits and equipment sizing.
- Power grid parameters that are important for short circuit calculation.
- Short circuit current from power grid.
- Short circuit current from synchronous generator.
- Short circuit current from induction motor.
- Short circuit current from renewable energy power plants.
- Asymmetrical short circuits.
- Phase-to-phase short circuits in 0.4kV power systems.
- Phase-to-neutral short circuits in systems with isolated neutral.
- 4 kV - 35 kV networks protection coordination
- Low voltage fuses selection.
- Low voltage breakers selection and coordination.
- Coordination of fuses and breakers tripping curves.
- Characteristics of maximum short circuit current protection devices in medium voltage
- Protection equipment against maximum short circuit currents settings calculation and
- Protection equipment against phase-to-neutral short circuits settings calculation and